~ By Charmaine Mirza
Where are the Chinese headed in India?
A question worth asking even as Wang Jainlin, Wanda’s big boss, committed 60,000 crores towards infrastructure in Haryana at the beginning of 2016.
A massive industrial park in Kharkoda, near Sonipat, in Haryana is Wanda’s latest drop (more like a downpour, we feel!) in the Indian Ocean. Is this a trailblazing move by China’s cowboy investor, or is he riding a silent wave of Chinese investment?
Inchin Closer dives beneath the surface of the matter to take a closer look.
- What makes India an attractive prospect for our Chinese neighbours?
- Who exactly are these new arrivals off the Chinese junks?
Haryana is leading the Indian pack to lure the Chinese into the Indian playground. So what’s Haryana doing to get the Chinese in? Chief Minister Khattar has made a terrific pitch highlighting:
- The ease of doing business and regulation reforms under his regime.
- Low rent leases
- Friendly tax breaks
- Haryana’s enhanced infrastructure facilities.
- It’s strategic location with close proximity to the National Capital Region.